Woman Left Traumatized After Biting Into ‘Exotic Spider’ While Eating Mcdonald’s Wrap

A UK mom was left traumatized after finding herself biting into a spider in her McDonald’s wrap that looked “exotic”. Katie Moss was just looking for something extra to fill her up since she didn’t have much for lunch, but the 21-year-old didn’t imagine that she’d find the “hard” creature in her food. The company has since apologized and offered her compensation, but Katie doesn’t think she’ll need them.

“I ordered it for lunch because we didn’t have much in, and I just fancied a McDonald’s,” said Katie.

“I was three-quarters of the way through it, and I felt something hard in my mouth. At first, I thought it was the end of a tomato, so I pulled it out.”

“And at first I thought it was just part of the chicken, but when I looked closer, I thought it was a crab, then I realized it was a spider.”

“I spat the rest out but I had bitten into it. I was disgusted, I felt like throwing up. It was all curled up.”

“I don’t think the spider was from the UK because I’ve never seen a spider like that before. It was some kind of exotic spider.”

“I don’t really mind spiders, but I don’t want one in my mouth.”

She added, “It didn’t taste of anything at the time, but afterwards, there was an off taste in my mouth, which could have been my imagination.”

“I would have preferred to have just not known it was in there and that I’d eaten it. I know people say you swallow about eight spiders in your lifetime, but at least you don’t know you’re swallowing them.”

“I wouldn’t have minded if it was a small one but it was huge.”

“I’m traumatized by it; I’m paranoid as well. I am examining everything I eat now, including things I’ve cooked, and it’s put me off all takeaways,” says the care assistant. “I couldn’t even drink the Coke after.”

The Winsford branch, where she got her £11.40 order, was immediately informed. She was offered a replacement and refund, but Katie had vowed to never go back there again.

“I rang straight away and they offered me a refund and replacement meal but when I thought about it after, it’s not good enough. I won’t be eating there ever again anyway.”

“They got back to me saying they couldn’t come to a conclusion on how the spider got into the wrap. Who in their right mind would put a spider in a wrap?”

“I’m not going to eat there again, so a voucher isn’t much good to me. I want proper compensation.”

Katie, who later reported the problem through the Just Eat App, received a £10 voucher, but she was sure she’d never use it.

The company’s spokesperson had commented regarding the issue, “Food safety is of the utmost importance to us. We place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections, so we are sorry to hear of this customer’s experience.”

“As soon as this was brought to the attention of the restaurant, the customer was apologized to and offered both a refund and replacement meal. The customer has also returned the item in question, which will enable us to investigate further.”

“We understand the customer has been liaising with our Customer Services Team too, who are helping to find a resolution.”